How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The lamp should last approximately 5000 hours if Brightness Control
in the Settings menu is set to High
(default), and 6000 hours if Brightness Control
is set to Low
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector’s Sleep Mode setting. See Customizing Power and Operation.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95°F (5 to 35°C).
- Set the projector’s Brightness Control setting to Low. See Customizing Projector Features.
- Clean the air filter if dust collects on the filter or vent. See Cleaning the Air Filter and Vent.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don’t touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control or close the A/V Mute slide on the projector when you don’t need to display the image.
Published: April 29, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page