How should I clean the scanner?
Do the following:
- Turn off the scanner using its power switch.
- Unplug the AC adapter cord from the scanner.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the glass surface of the document table gets dirty, clean it with a soft, dry microfiber cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner on a soft microfiber cloth to remove it. Spray the cleaner onto the soft cloth; never spray cleaner directly onto the glass. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
- Remove the document mat and clean the transparency unit window as described in step 4.
: Make sure that no dust builds up on the surface of the document table or the transparency unit window. Dust can cause spots in your scanned images. See Cleaning the Scanner
in the User’s Guide for more information.
Published: September 16, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page