The paper has jammed in the ADF. What should I do?
If a paper jam occurs, first open the ADF cover, remove any paper from the document table. Then look to see if paper is extending from either end of the feeder.
- Turn off the scanner using its power switch.
- If the ADF is open, close it
- Press down the release lever on the left side of the feeder to slightly raise the feeder mechanism.
- Slowly pull the jammed paper out of the feeder from the top or the bottom. Do not pull the paper too hard or it may tear, making it more difficult to remove. Then let go of the release lever.
- If more paper is jammed in the ADF, open the access cover at the back of the feeder and carefully pull out the paper.
- Close the access cover.
- Push the feeder mechanism back down until it clicks into place.
Caution: Do not push the feeder mechanism with too much force.
Published: October 20, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page