I am unable to scan using the thumbnail preview. What should I do?
Epson scan may not be able to detect certain types of images, or may crop or group the images unexpectedly. This may happen if you scan the following items:
- Images with a dark background
- Images with a very bright background
- Color negative film with extremely light or dark base color (background).
- Panorama and regular size images being scanned at the same time
Try one or more of the following solutions:For documents or photos
:For film or slides
- Make sure the film or slides are placed in the film holder correctly and the film holder is properly positioned on the document table. See Placing Film or Slides for instructions.
- In the Configuration window, adjust the thumbnail cropping area using the Thumbnail Cropping Area slider. See Epson Scan Help for details.
- Make sure the document mat is removed when you scan film or slides. See Removing the Document Mat for instructions.
- Make sure the Document Type setting (Home Mode) or Document Type and Film Type settings (Professional Mode) are set correctly for your film/slide type. See Selecting Basic Settings for instructions.
- Use normal preview (if available) and create marquees on the areas you want to scan. See Previewing and Adjusting the Scan Area for instructions.
Published: October 20, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page