How and when should I clean or replace the air filter?
Your projector includes an air filter to ensure the best performance. If dust collects on the air filter on the bottom of the projector, clean it as described below. Dust prevents proper ventilation, causes overheating, and can damage the projector.Warning:
Before you clean any part of the Ensemble HD home theater system, turn off the system and unplug the power cord as described below.Note:
To clean the air filter, you will need a ladder that is tall enough for you to see over the top of the projector.
- Press the Power button on the projector and wait for the Power light to stop flashing. The projector cools down.
- Turn off the projector using the power switch on the back.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Use a small vacuum cleaner that is designed for computers and other office equipment to clean the filter on the back of the projector. If you don’t have one, gently clean the filter using a very soft brush (such as a clean artist’s paintbrush).
If the dirt is difficult to remove or the filter is broken, replace it. You can purchase an air filter from your dealer or online at EnsembleHD (U.S. sales only).
If you require assistance cleaning or replacing the air filter, contact your dealer or installer.
- If you need to replace the filter, push down on the tabs on the filter cover to remove it.
- Remove the old filter.
- Insert the new air filter as shown, with the groove on the right.
- Reattach the air filter cover by inserting the tabs as shown and pressing the cover against the projector until it clicks into place.
Published: July 29, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page