How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The lamp should last approximately 4000 to 5000 hours, depending on usage.
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector’s Sleep Mode setting. See Customizing Power and Operation.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95°F (5 to 35°C).
- Set the projector’s Power Consumption setting to ECO. See Customizing Projector Features.
- Clean the filter if dust collects on the air filter or exhaust vent (on the side of the projector).
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don’t touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control or close the A/V mute slide on the projector when you don’t need to display the image.
Published: December 18, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page