How do I install the driver software on a Macintosh with OS 8.6 to 9.x?
Before you start, make sure you set up your EPSON Stylus CX3200 and installed ink and paper, as described on the Start Here sheet. Then follow these steps to connect the EPSON Stylus CX3200 to your Macintosh.
1. Remove the sticker from the USB port on the back of the Stylus CX3200.
2. Connect the square end of the USB cable to the USB port on the Stylus CX3200.
3. Then connect the flat end of the cable to a USB port on your Macintosh.
Follow these steps to install the driver software:
1. Insert the EPSON Stylus CX3200 CD-ROM in your CD-ROM or DVD drive.
2. Double-click EPSON on your desktop, if necessary. Then double-click EPSON in the window that opens.
3. Read and agree to the license agreement to continue the installation.
4. When the Software Installation screen appears, click Install.
You see the EPSON Stylus CX3200 Installer:
5. Click Start and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver and restart your Macintosh.
Installing Additional Software for Mac OS 8.6 to 9.x
1. After your Macintosh restarts, double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon to open it, if necessary, then double-click EPSON. You see this screen:
2. Click Install and follow the on-screen instructions to install each program. After each one is installed, click Quit to continue. Note that EPSON Smart Panel installs in several steps.
If you see a message about installing QuickTime, click Yes and follow the on-screen instructions. You don't need a registration number. When installation is complete, you see this screen:
3. Click the Register button and follow the instructions to register your Stylus CX3200. At the last screen, click Quit or close your browser.
4. Click Exit. Remove the CD-ROM and keep it in case you need to reinstall any software later.
5. Open the Chooser from the Apple menu. Select CX3200, then select your USB port and turn on background printing.
6. Close the Chooser. You're ready to copy, scan, and print.