How do I install the driver software?
Note: Do not connect the EPSON 1000 ICS to your computer until setup instructs you to connect it.
1. Make sure the EPSON 1000 ICS is NOT connected to your computer, then turn on your computer.
2. Insert your EPSON 1000 ICS CD-ROM in your CD-ROM or DVD drive.
3. The Software Installation screen opens automatically. Click Install.
For Windows XP:
Click Start > My Computer. Then double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon.
For Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Windows Me:
Double-click My Computer. Then double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon.
Note for Windows 98:
When you are installing your software in Microsoft Windows 98, you may see a screen asking you to insert your Windows 98 CD-ROM. Do not remove your EPSON 1000 ICS CD-ROM and do not click OK; ignore the screen for now.
Click the EPSON Software Installation screen and continue installing your software, as described on the Start Here poster.
After you finish installing your software and registering your EPSON 1000 ICS, the screen asking you to insert your Windows 98 CD-ROM reappears. Remove your EPSON 1000 ICS CD-ROM and insert your Windows 98 CD-ROM, then click OK. (If necessary, click Browse, then locate the Win98 folder on the CD-ROM and then click OK.) Do not attempt a test scan before inserting your Windows CD-ROM and following the steps above; Windows needs to install a file before you can use your scanner.
4. When you see the license agreement, read it and click Agree, then follow the instructions on the screen to install EPSON TWAIN and your printer driver.
5. When you see the screen telling you to connect your EPSON 1000 ICS, make sure it is turned on, then remove the sticker from the USB port on the back. Connect the square end of the USB cable to your EPSON 1000 ICS's USB port, then connect the flat end of the cable to your computer's USB port.
Note: After you plug in your EPSON 1000 ICS, Windows displays several messages as it detects your device.
6. Continue following the instructions on the screen to install the rest of your software.
7. Follow the steps to install ArcSoft PhotoImpression_.
8. Follow the steps to begin installing EPSON Smart Panel.
9. The Smart Panel installation also launches separate installations for EPSON Copy Utility, EPSON Photo Print, and ScanToWeb. These are necessary components of EPSON Smart Panel. Follow the steps on screen and do not cancel their installations.
10. When you see the final screen, make sure the EPSON 1000 ICS is still on and paper is loaded. Click Print Test Page to test your 1000 ICS driver.
11. Click Register and follow the instructions on the screen to register your product. At the last screen, click Done.
12. Click Exit, then click Yes and remove the CD-ROM. Restart your computer.