How do you change the ink cartridge?
Be sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin. Once you start the ink cartridge replacement procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the EPSON 1000 ICS is turned on and not printing. The control panel tells you which ink cartridge is low or empty.
2. Press the left Menu button several times until you see Change Cartridge and then press the Copy button. The ink cartridges move to the center.
3. Press the release button on the right side and lift up the scanner.
4. Pull up the ink cartridge clamp. (The color cartridge is on the right and the black is on the left.) The cartridge rises up from its holder.
5. Lift the cartridge out of the EPSON 1000 ICS and dispose of it carefully.
6. Unwrap the new ink cartridge. Then remove only the yellow tape seal on top.
7. Tilt the new cartridge toward you slightly as you insert it. Lower the cartridge so that the tabs rest on the hooks. Don't place the cartridge under the hooks; you may damage the clamp when you close it. You must remove the yellow tape from the top of the cartridge or you will permanently damage it.
Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge; you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
8. Press down firmly on the ink cartridge clamp until it snaps in place. If you need to replace the other ink cartridge, repeat steps 4 through 8 before continuing with step 9.
9. Carefully lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. Press the Copy button. The EPSON 1000 ICS begins charging the ink delivery system. The Operate light flashes and the EPSON 1000 ICS makes noise. Charging takes about half a minute. When it's finished, the Operate light stops flashing and stays on, and the Error light goes out.
Never turn off the EPSON 1000 ICS while the Operate light is flashing, unless the EPSON 1000 ICS hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.