How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The lamp should last approximately 2500 to 3500 hours, depending on usage.
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector’s Sleep Mode setting. See Extended Menu.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 32 to 113°F (0 to 45°C).
- Set the projector’s Power Consumption setting to ECO. See Settings Menu.
- Clean the air filter if dust collects on the filter (on the side of the projector) or exhaust vent (on the front of the projector).
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don’t touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- Press the Shutter button on the remote control.
Published: January 5, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page