I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new cartridge and you still see an ink related error, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the printer is turned on (the green power light should be on but not flashing). Then open the printer cover.
- Press the ink button.The print head moves and the green power light flashes.
- Lift up the cartridge cover.
- Press in the tab on the back of the cartridge, lift it out of the printer and then reinsert the cartridge into the printer.
- Press the cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- If you need to reinstall any other ink cartridges, repeat steps 4 through 5.
- Close the cartridge cover, press it down on the top until it clicks, then close the printer cover.
- Press the ink button. The printer begins charging the ink delivery system.
The green power light and red ink lights flash and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about 90 seconds. When it’s finished, the green power light stops flashing and stays on. The red ink light and the light(s) above the cartridge(s) go out.
Never turn off the printer while the green power light is flashing, unless the printer hasn’t moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Published: March 5, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page