How do I clean the print head nozzles on my printer in Mac OS X 10.6?
Follow the steps below:
- Load a few sheets of plain paper in the sheet feeder.
- Select Apple > System Preferences > Print and Fax > your Printer, then Open Print Queue.
- Select Printer Setup > Utility > Open Printer Utility, then Nozzle Check.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to print the nozzle check pattern.
- Check the nozzle check pattern that prints to see if there are gaps in the lines.
If there are no gaps, the print head is clean and you're done.
If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, click Clean to clean the print heads.
- After the printer has finished cleaning, click Confirmation or Print and another nozzle check pattern will print. If it is without any gaps or missing lines, click on Finish. Otherwise, click Clean.
- If necessary, repeat cleaning two more times. If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles, replace the affected ink cartridge(s).
Published: January 14, 2011
Return to Main FAQs Page