How do I uninstall, download, and reinstall the printer software?
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Do one of the following:
Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
Windows XP or Windows 2000: Click Start > Programs or All Programs.
- Select EPSON or EPSON Printers > EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 > EPSON Printer Software Uninstall.
Note: If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue. Then go to the next step.
- In the next window, select EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 and click OK. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In some cases, a message may appear to prompt you to restart the computer. If so, make sure Yes, I want to restart my computer now is selected and click Finish.
- Restart your computer.
Reinstall the software
To download and install the drivers and utilities, follow the steps below.
Before installing the software, make sure the printer is not connected to your computer. (You will be prompted to connect it during the installation process.) You must connect the printer to your computer at the correct time to make sure the driver(s) are installed correctly on your computer.
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your product (U.S. or Canada).
- Download the drivers and utilities for your operating system. Make a note of the file names and save location so you can easily retrieve them.
- Open the files you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page