How do I install my printer in Windows Vista?
|DO NOT INSERT YOUR EPSON PRINTER SOFTWARE CD IN YOUR WINDOWS VISTA COMPUTER
because the setup program is not compatible with Windows Vista.
Drivers for your printer are included with Windows Vista. Just connect your printer to the computer and follow the on-screen instructions that Windows Vista displays to guide you through driver installation.
If the driver is not automatically installed, you can follow the steps below to manually install the driver. Use the manual installation only if Windows Vista does not detect and automatically install the drivers.
- Click Start and open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Printer under Hardware and Sound.
- Click Add a Printer. (If you do not see Add a Printer, right-click in the Printers window and select Add Printer from the menu.)
- Select Add a local printer when the Add Printer wizard window appears.
- Select the port the printer is connected to from the drop down window beside Use an existing port, then click Next.
- Select Epson under Manufacturer and your printer model under Printer, then click Next.
- In the Type a Printer Name window, Set as the default printer is automatically selected. Uncheck this option if you have another printer you will be using as the default printer. Click Next to install the driver.
- Make sure the printer is directly connected to the computer and that the printer is ready to print. Click Print a test page to test the printer.
- Once the test page has been printed, click Finish to exit the wizard.
Depending on your system configuration the computer may ask for your Windows disk. If this happens, insert your Windows CD into your CD-ROM drive and click OK
Published: January 15, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page