How do I install the EPSON Printer Software on Windows (ME) Millennium Edition?
Installing your printer software with Windows Me
1. Use the instructions on the Start Here sheet to unpack your printer, put on the paper support, install ink cartridges, load paper, and connect the printer to your computer.
2. Don't turn on your printer (the power light should be OFF). It's important to leave your printer turned OFF and wait for the installation program to tell you when to turn it on.
3. Turn on your computer.
4. Insert your printer software CD-ROM in a CD-ROM or DVD drive.
5. Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, then double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon.
6. Double-click the EPSON icon to start the installer. Read the license agreement and click Agree. You see the Main Menu.
7. Click Install Printer Driver. You see the printer driver installation screen. Click OK. The installer copies files to your computer.
8. When you see the "EPSON Printer Utility Setup" window, turn ON your printer. The screen disappears and installation continues. If this screen does not close see the note below. When installation is finished, click OK.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your printer with EPSON.
10. Restart your computer. Then return to the back of the Start Here sheet to install your creative software and EPSON documentation. Note: While you're installing your printer software, you'll see the "EPSON Printer Utility Setup" window. If this window remains on your screen for a few minutes, your installation program may have stopped responding. To release the installation program, follow these steps:
1. To determine if you do have a lock up, Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons on your keyboard and examine the EPSON Printer Utility Setup task. If it shows that the task is Not Responding, then your installation has locked up. If this is the case procede to step 2 otherwise your installation has not locked up and should complete normally.
2. Click the E_srcv02 program to highlight it (you may need to scroll down).
3. Click the End Task button to close the program. (If you see a screen confirming the end of the task, click End Task again.)
4. Restart your system.
5. Your printer should now be able to print, but for the best operation, we recommend that you download and install a new version of the EPSON Status Monitor 3 utility from the EPSON web site. Go to support.epson.com, select your printer model, and click the Downloads tab. Then select Status Monitor 3 for your version of Windows and install it as instructed.