How do I print on envelopes?
It's usually much easier to use self-adhesive ink jet label sheets than going through the word processor's envelope setup. Ink jet label sheets come in both white and clear labels so they can be used on colored envelopes. You can easily select the type of label sheets you are using in your software application.
If you use envelopes, you must make sure the envelopes size and thickness are within the specifications listed in your user's manual.
Make sure to set the paper thickness lever to the + position for envelopes and set it back for regular paper when finished printing envelopes.
Please refer to the following instructions for Wordperfect and Word 97:
Corel - WordPerfect
Here are the steps needed, to print envelopes from WordPerfect.
1. Load WordPerfect
2. Press on FORMAT
3. Press on ENVELOPE
4. Press on CREATE NEW DEFINITION
5. At " PAPER NAME" type #10 STYLUS ENVELOPE
6. At " PAPER TYPE" it should read ENVELOPE
7. At "PAPER SIZE" it should read ENVELOPE #10 4 1/8 X 9 1/2 IN
8. At " PAPER LOCATION" it should read DEFAULT
9. At " ROTATED FONT" there SHOULD NOT BE AN "X" IN THE BOX
10. At "WIDE FORM" there SHOULD BE AN "X" IN THE BOX
11. Press OK
12. Edit Return Address and Addressee
13. Place Envelope in the Printer
14. Press PRINT ENVELOPE
You don't need to alter the driver setup settings, leave them as Default.***The DEFAULT setting under the layout tab should be on normal ***
If these steps do not clear the problem, contact Corel - WordPerfect for further assistance
Microsoft Word 97
In Word 97, click-on Tools/ Envelopes and Mailers. See your word processor's Help menu for more information.
There will be changes needed to the printer driver to allow envelope printing. To print horizontally, you will have to change the orientation to landscape. Both in the software that the printer is printing from and the printer driver. To change the orientation of the paper please follow the procedures below.
1. Go to Start, Settings, Printers....
2. Highlight your Stylus Color printer icon....
3. Click on File, Properties.....
4. Click the Paper tab ( in the paper tab, select the envelope type).
5. Change the orientation from portrait to landscape and vice versa.
6. Click on the Apply button at the bottom and click OK
7. Close the printer driver and resume printing.
8. ***The DEFAULT setting under the layout tab should be on normal ***Insert the envelopes into the printer horizontally, using landscape and vertically use the portrait option.
1. On the Tools menu, click Envelopes and Labels, and then click the Envelopes tab.
2. Enter the address information, and then select the options you want.
To format the address, select the address text, right-click it, and then click Font on the shortcut menu.
3. To select an envelope size, the type of paper feed, and other options, click Options.
4. To print the envelope, insert the envelope in the printer as shown in the Feed box, and then click Print.
To add the envelope as a separate section at the beginning of the document, click Add To Document. To change an existing envelope that's already a section in a document, click Change Document. You can print the envelope when you print the document.
If this does not correct the issue, then try printing the address on labels or call the software vender for further assistance on envelope settings.