- An IBM® compatible PC with at least a 486/66 MHz (for Windows® 98), Pentium 133Mhz for Windows 2000 or 486/25 MHz (for Windows 95 or Windows NT® 4.0) processor (Pentium® or higher processor recommended)
- VGA, Super VGA, or better display adapter and monitor
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000
- At least 16MB for Windows 95, 98, or NT 4.0 (32MB recommended for Windows 95 or 98). At least 32MB of RAM for Windows 2000 (64MB for Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 recommended)
- At least 50MB of free hard disk space (100MB recommended)
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for installing the printer software
- A high-speed, bidirectional, IEEE-1284 compliant parallel cable (6 to 10 feet long); the cable must have a D-SUB, 25-pin, male connector for your computer and a 36-pin, Centronics® compatible connector for the printer
- USB connection: a computer running Windows 98 or Windows 2000 with a Windows 98 or 2000 compliant USB port and a shielded USB "AB" cable up to 6.5 ft (2 meters).
- Caution: Using an improperly shielded USB cable - especially more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long - may cause the printer to malfunction.