How do I replace an ink cartridge before the Status Monitor 3 window message says it’s out, such as with an outdated Ink Cartridge?
Be sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin. Once you start replacing a cartridge, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and not printing (the Power light should be on, but not flashing), then open the printer cover.
2. Press the Load/Eject button and hold it for about 3 seconds, until print head moves to the center and the Power light flashes.
3. The color cartridge is on the right and the black is on the left. Pull up the ink cartridge clamp. The cartridge rises up from its holder.
4. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it carefully.
5. Unwrap the new ink cartridge. Then remove only the yellow tape seal on top.
6. Tilt the new cartridge toward you slightly as you insert it.
Lower the cartridge so that the tabs rest on the hooks.
Caution: Don't place the cartridge under the hooks; you may damage the clamp when you close it.
7. Press down firmly on the ink cartridge clamp until it snaps in place.
8. If you need to replace the other ink cartridge, repeat steps 3 through 7 before continuing with step 9.
9. Press the cleaning button and close the printer cover. The printer begins charging the ink delivery system. The Power light flashes, and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about one minute. When it's finished, the Power light stops flashing and stays on, and the red error light goes out.
Caution: Never turn off the printer while the Power light is flashing, unless the printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes
Order ink cartridge supplies on-line now!
In Canada, please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral.