What are the system requirements for using this printer on a Macintosh?
The system requirements are:
- An Apple (r) iMac (tm) series or Power Macintosh (r) G3 or later with USB port
- For iMac: Mac (r) OS 8.1 or later (Mac OS 8.5.1 or later recommended)
- For Power Macintosh G3 or later: Mac OS 8.5.1 or later
- At least 32MB of available RAM (64MB recommended)
- At least 100MB of free hard disk space (200MB recommended)
- VGA, Super VGA, or better display adapter and monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for installing the printer software
- A shielded USB "AB" cable, up to 6.5 ft. (2 meters) long
- If you have an iMac, you may need to update your operating system before installing your printer software.
- If you're running OS 8.1, you must install iMac Update 1.0.
- If you are running OS 8.5 or 8.5.1, Apple recommends that you install iMac Update 1.1. Download the update for your system from Apple at http://asu.info.apple.com. Contact Apple if you have problems installing an update. To find out which operating system your iMac is running, select About This Computer from the Apple menu. Caution: Using an improperly shielded USB cable - especially more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long - may cause the printer to malfunction.