How do I install the EPSON Printer Software on Windows (Me) Millennium Edition?
Follow the steps below to install your printer software. Don't follow the standard Windows software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet.
1. After installing the ink cartridges, loading paper, and connecting the printer to your computer, turn on your computer, insert your printer software CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive, and then plug in your printer.
2. If you see a screen that says "Your printer software has been successfully installed", Click OK. (If you see a screen that says "Windows has found the following new hardware" and if you want to search for drivers, click cancel and go to Step 4.
3. Select your printer as the Windows default printer. Click Start, point to Settings, and click Printers. Right-click your printer icon and click Set as Default in the menu that appears. Now you're ready to print!
4. If you got the screen that says "Windows has found the following new hardware", unplug your printer. It's important to turn OFF your printer and wait for the installation program to tell you when to turn it on.
5. Insert your printer software CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive.
6. Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, then double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon.
7. Double-click the EPSON icon to start the installer. Read the license agreement and click Agree. You see the Main Menu.
8. Click Install Printer Driver. You see the printer driver installation screen. Click OK. The installer copies files to your computer.
9. When the EPSON Printer Utility Setup screen tells you to turn on the printer, plug in your printer. The screen disappears and installation continues.
10. When installation is finished, click OK.
11. You see the EPSON Product Registration screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your printer with EPSON. At the last screen, click Done.
12. Return to the back of the Start Here sheet to install your creative software and EPSON documentation.