How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 870 CD-ROM in Windows 95/98/NT 4.0 with a parallel connection?
- Turn off your printer. Then turn on your computer and wait until you see your desktop icons and the cursor is no longer an hourglass style.
- Turn on your printer.
- If Windows detects your printer click "Cancel". You can't install your software that way.
- Insert the EPSON printer software CD in your CD-ROM or DVD Drive.
- Double-click the "My Computer" on your desktop.
- Double-click the Epson CD-ROM or DVD icon.
- Double-click the EPSON icon to start the installer. Don't select any other icon in the folder.
- Read the license agreement and click Agree. You see the main menu.
- Click "Install Printer Driver". You see the printer driver installation screen.
- Make sure your printer model is highlighted, then click OK. The installer copies files to your computer and displays a series of windows on your screen.
- When it's finished click OK.
- Follow the instructions to register your printer with EPSON and click "Done".
- At the main menu, select "Exit" and restart your computer. Leave in the CD-ROM as your system restarts.
- Now you can install the photo software and electronic manual. Your printer software icons will appear in the EPSON folder, your shortcuts will appear on your desktop and the EPSON Stylus Photo 870 will be set as your default Windows printer.