How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 1280 CD-ROM in Windows?
Turn off your printer. Then turn on your computer and wait until you see your desktop icons and the cursor is no longer an hourglass style.
- Now turn on your printer. You may see a screen informing you that Windows has detected your printer (except on Windows NT). If so, click Cancel. You can't install your printer software that way.
- Insert your printer software CD-ROM in a CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the EPSON CD-ROM or DVD icon.
- Double-click the EPSON icon to start the installer. (Don't select any other icon in the folder.)
- Read the license agreement and click Agree. You see the Main Menu.
- Click Install Printer Driver. You see the printer driver installation screen.
- Make sure your printer model is highlighted, then click OK. The installer copies files to your computer and displays a series of windows on your screen.
- When it's finished, click OK. You see the EPSON Product Registration screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your printer with EPSON.
- At the last screen, click Done.
- At the Main Menu, click Exit and restart your computer. Your printer software icons will appear in the EPSON folder, your shortcuts will appear on your desktop and the EPSON Stylus Photo 1280 will be set as your default Windows printer.