What are the minimum system requirements to use the printer with Windows?
- IBM- compatible PC with a Pentium II or higher processor recommended
- For parallel connection: Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, or 2000
- For USB connection: USB port equipped PC with Windows 98 (factory installed), Me, or 2000
- For IEEE 1394 connection: FireWire port equipped PC with Windows Me or 2000
- For 10/100 BaseT Ethernet connection: Ethernet equipped PC with Windows 95. 98, Me, NT 4.0 or 2000
- 256MB RAM recommended
- At least 50MB of free hard disk space to install the software and at least 150MB of hard disk space for processing large files.
- Double-Speed (2x) CD-ROM drive (quad-speed [4x] or faster recommended) or DVD drive for installing the printer software
- For parallel connection: a high-speed, bidirectional, IEEE-1284 compliant parallel cable, 6 to 10 feet long, with a D-SUB, 25 pin, male connector for your computer and a 36-pin, Centronics compatible connector for the printer
- For USB connection: a computer running Windows 98, Me, or 2000 with a Windows compliant USB port and a shielded USB “AB” cable from Series A (computer) to Series B (printer), up to 6.6 feet (2 meters) long
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page