How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus C40S CD-ROM in Windows 98, ME or 2000?
Turn off your printer. Then turn on your computer and wait until you see your desktop icons and the cursor is no longer an hourglass style. Your computer may come with the EPSON printer software files already installed on the hard drive.
- Turn on your printer. If you see a screen telling you that Your software is already installed. Click OK. You're ready to start printing!
- You may see a screen informing you that Windows has detected your printer (except on Windows NT). If so, click Cancel. You can't install your printer software that way.
- Insert your printer software CD-ROM in a CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the EPSON CD-ROM or DVD icon.
- Double-click the EPSON icon to start the installer. (Don't select any other icon in the folder.)
- Read the license agreement and click Agree. You see the Main Menu.
- Click Install Printer Driver. The printer files install.
- If you see a screen asking you to turn on your printer, make sure the printer is turned on and connected. Wait a minute until the screen disappears. Do not click Stop Searching. More printer files will install.
- At the last installation screen, click OK. You see the EPSON Product Registration screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your printer with EPSON.
- Close any open windows on your screen and you're ready to start printing. Your printer software icons will appear in the EPSON folder, your shortcuts will appear on your desktop and the EPSON Stylus C40 will be set as your default Windows printer.