What are the system requirements for using this printer on a PC?
- Microsoft Windows compatible PC with a Pentium ® II 266 MHz (Windows 98 or Me) or 350 MHz (Windows 2000 or XP) or better processor (Pentium III 500 MHz recommended)
- 128MB RAM or more recommended
- 200MB of free hard disk space or more recommended)
- VGA, Super VGA, or better display adapter and monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for installing the printer software
- Parallel connection: a high-speed, bidirectional, IEEE-1284 compliant parallel cable (6 to 10 feet long) with a D-SUB, 21-pin, male connector (computer end) and a 36-pin Centronics® compatible connector (printer end)
- IEEE-1394 connection: an OHCI-compliant IEEE-1394 port or interface card and an IEEE-1394 cable
- USB connection: a Windows-compliant USB port and a shielded USB "AB" cable
- Caution: Using an improperly shielded USB cable - especially more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long - may cause the printer to malfunction.
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page