How do you swap the Photo or Matte Black cartridge?
Follow these instructions:
Follow the steps in "Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges" on page 51 of your manual to swap the cartridge in the far left slot. Confirm that the new cartridge is selected in your printer software.
1. Right-click the printer icon on your taskbar (in the lower right corner of your screen), select Printer Settings, and click the Utility tab.
2. Select Printer and Option Information. You see this window:
3. Confirm that the cartridge you swapped is selected as the Cartridge Option.
If not, click your cartridge and click OK. (If you can't click a cartridge, it's already selected.)
You may see a message telling you that your paper type and/or Print Quality settings are not compatible with your cartridge. If so, exit the printer software and restart it, selecting compatible settings as listed in the table on page 53 of your manual.
Macintosh OS 8.6 to 9.x
1. Open the Chooser from the Apple menu.
2. Select SP 2200, then select your USB or FireWire port.
3. Close the Chooser.
4. Open an application program and access your printer settings.
5. Check your available Media Type settings. The settings should match the Media Types that are compatible with the swapped cartridge.
Note: Under Macintosh OS X, you may need to reinstall the printer driver at this point.