How do I install a printer driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 2200 CD-ROM on a Macintosh using OS X with USB or FireWire connection?
Follow these steps to install your driver software:
1. Turn on your printer then turn on your Macintosh.
2. Insert your printer software CD into your CD-ROM or DVD drive.
3. Select EPSON on your desktop.
4. Select SP2200 in the folder that opens.
5. If you see a window asking for the Administrator Password, click the Lock icon, enter your administrator password and click OK.
6. Read and agree to the license agreement.
7. Select the OS X drive or partition.
8. When you see the Install screen, click Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart your Macintosh.
9. Open the application folder then open the Utilities and select Print Center. If you see a screen asking if you want to add to your list of printers, click ’Add’.
10. At the Printer List screen, click ’Add Printer’.
11. At the next screen select from these options:
Select EPSON USB or EPSON FireWire and SP 2200(USB) or SP 2200(FireWire)
Your printer appears in the Printer List.
12. Now start up your Macintosh in OS 9.x.
Follow the Macintosh OS 9.x instructions below to install the OS 9.x printer driver, optional software and printer movies and manual for your Macintosh Classic mode applications.
13. Select EPSON on your desktop, then select EPSON in the folder that opens.
14. Read and agree to the license agreement.
15. Click ’Install Printer Driver’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
16. After your Macintosh restarts, register your printer with EPSON as instructed.
17. Open the Chooser from the Apple menu.
18. Click the SP 2200 icon, then click your USB or FireWire port.
19. Turn on background printing then close the Chooser.
20. Now you can install your optional programs from the Epson software CD.