How do I install the EPSON StylusRIP PRO on a Windows 98SE or Me System?
Before installing StylusRIP Professional, it is necessary to install EPSON Standard Windows Driver. For installation instructions, please refer to your printer's Users Guide. StylusRIP Professional uses the port assigned to the EPSON Standard Windows Driver. For example, if the destination port of the EPSON Standard Windows Driver is LPT1, StylusRIP Professional will also use LPT1 as its printer port.
This section explains how to install the PSserver for Windows. Please follow these steps:
1. Make sure Windows is running.
2. Insert the CD-ROM into the appropriate drive.
3. The Choose Setup Language dialog box appears automatically.
Note: If the dialog box does not appear automatically, double-click Setup.exe in the Setup folder on the CD-ROM.
4. Select English and click OK.
5. Continue installation by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
6. When the Install Shield wizard appears, select the printer attached and click the Next button.
7. Continue installation by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
8. When the installation of StylusRIP Professional is finished, the following dialog appears. Click the Finish button. The installation of PS Driver begins.
9. The Add Printer wizard starts and the installation of PS Driver begins. Click the Next button and continue the installation.
10. Check Local printer in Local or Network Printer. Then, click the Next button.
11. Select a printer model. Click the Have Disk button and specify the location of the INF file. The INF file is saved in the following location on the CD-ROM:
When you finish selecting, click the OK button.
12. Model names of printers appear. Select the printer attached. Then click the Next button.
13. Select a printer port. Select StylusRIP Professional from the port list. Then, click the Next button.
14. Continue the installation by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
15. When the following dialog appears, asking you to print a test page, select No and click the Finish button.
16. The installation is now complete. Click the Finish button and restart your computer. You can use StylusRIP Professional after you restart your computer.