How do I install a printer driver from the EPSON Stylus C42 CD-ROM on a Macintosh running OS 8.5.1 or later to OS 9.x?
1. Make sure your printer is on, then turn on your Macintosh and wait until you see your desktop icons.
2. Insert your printer software CD-ROM in a CD-ROM or DVD drive.
Double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon then double-click the EPSON icon on your desktop to open the window.
3. Read the license agreement and click Agree. You see the Main Menu.
4. Click 'Install Printer Driver'.
5. Click 'Install' on the installer screen and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation your printer driver and restart your Macintosh.
6. When you see the Epson Registration screen, follow the on-screen instructions to register your printer with EPSON.
7. On the Main Menu click 'View Printer Manual'. (You may have to double-click the Epson icon to open the main menu.)
8. Click 'Install Printer Manual' on the next screen to copy the ES C42 Manual to your Macintosh. Click 'Install Adobe Reader' and follow the on-screen instructions if you don't have it on your computer.
9. When you're done, click 'Back' to return to the Main Menu then 'Exit' to close it.
10. Open the Chooser from the Apple menu. Click the C42 Series icon, then click your USB port icon and turn on background printing.
11. Close the Chooser and you're ready to start printing.