How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus C42 CD-ROM in Windows?
Turn on your printer, then turn on your computer and wait until you see your desktop icons and the cursor is no longer an hourglass style. If you see a "New Hardware Wizard" screen, cancel it and continue with the following steps.
1. Insert your printer software CD-ROM in a CD-ROM or DVD drive.
If you're running Windows XP and see a screen asking 'What do you want Windows to do?', click 'Cancel'.
2. For Windows XP: Click 'Start' then click 'My Computer'.
For other Windows versions: double-click the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop.
3. Double-click the EPSON CD-ROM or DVD icon then double-click the EPSON icon to start the installer. (Don't select any other icon in the folder.)
4. Select 'English', then read the license agreement and click 'Agree'.
5. At the Main Menu, click 'Install Printer Driver'. Wait while files are copied to your computer. If you see a screen telling you to make sure the printer is connected and turned on, make sure it's connected and turned on. Wait for a minute for the screen to disappear.
6. When you see a message that setup is complete, click 'OK'.
7. When you see the Epson Registration screen, follow the on-screen instructions to register your printer with EPSON. At the last screen, click 'Done' or close your browser.
8. Click 'View Printer Manual', then click 'Install Printer Manual' on the next screen to copy the ES C42 Manual icon to your desktop. Click 'Install Adobe Reader' and follow the on-screen instructions if you don't have it on your computer.
9. When you're done, click 'Back' to return to the Main Menu, then exit to close it. Remove the CD-ROM.