How do I install a printer driver from the EPSON Stylus C42 CD-ROM on a Macintosh running OS X?
1. Make sure your printer is on, then turn on your Macintosh in OS X and wait until you see your desktop icons.
2. Insert your printer software CD-ROM in a CD-ROM or DVD drive.
Double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon to open the window, then double-click the 'C42Series' icon.
3. If you set up an administrator password when you installed OS X, click the password icon and enter your administrator password. Then click 'OK'. At the next screen, click 'Continue'.
4. Read the license agreement and click 'Continue' and click 'Agree'.
5. Select the OS X drive where you want to install your printer software, then click 'Continue'.
6. Click 'Install' on the Easy Install screen, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software and restart your Macintosh.
7. Double-click the 'Applications' folder on your hard drive.
8. Double-click the 'Utilities' folder, then double-click 'Print Center'.
9. If you see a screen asking if you want to add a printer click 'Add'.
10. At the next screen click 'ADD Printer'.
11. Select 'EPSON USB' in the list at the top of the screen. When you see the C42Series (USB) icon, select it and click 'Add'.
12. Your printer appears in the Printer List. Close the Print Center.
Double-click the 'Manual folder' in the EPSON CD-ROM window and drag the ES C42 Manual icon to your desktop.
13. Now you're ready to start printing! For instructions double-click the ES C42 Manual icon to view the printer manual.
Note: To print from Macintosh Classic applications as well as OS X applications, start your Macintosh in OS 9 and follow the instructions to install the software in the OS 9 driver installation section then continue with the OS X installation.