What are the system requirements for using this printer on a Macintosh?
One of the following Macintosh models:
- LC475, LC575, LC630
- Quadra series
- Centris series
- PowerBook series (190, 520, 540, 550 or later)
- PowerBook Duo 280, 2300c/ 100
- Performa 475, 575, 588, 630, 5210 or later
- Power Macintosh series
- iMac Series (for USB connection only)
- For serial connection: System 7.5.1 or later (7.6 or later recommended)
- For USB connection: iMac Series computer with System 8.1 or later, PowerMac G3 with System 8.5.1 or later.
- At least 16MB of available RAM
- At least 50MB of free hard disk space (100MB recommended)
- RGB display or better
- CD-ROM drive - quad-speed (4 x) or faster recommended - for installing the printer software
- For serial connection, an ImageWriter II serial cable or equivalent (8-pin mini DIN male/ male, Belkin F2V024-06 recommended)
- For USB connection to an iMac/G3 computer, a shielded USB "AB" interface cable, from Series A (computer) to Series B (printer) up to 6.5 ft. (2 meters) long.