How do I install a printer driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 1200 CD-ROM on a Macintosh with serial or USB connection?
- Turn off your printer
- Turn on your computer with all Extensions OFF except the "Apple CD-ROM" extension and wait until you see the Macintosh desktop icons.
- Turn on your printer. If your printer is connected via your USB port, you see a message telling you to install software. Click 'OK' to continue.
- Insert your printer software CD into your CD-ROM drive
- Double-click the 'Printer Software Installer' icon in the EPSON CD-ROM folder. Click 'Continue' at the first screen.
- At the installer screen, click 'Install' and follow the on-screen instructions to install your printer software, select your default paper size, and restart your system.
- After restarting, double-click the EPSON Digital PhotoLab Install icon in the EPSON CD-ROM folder. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Digital PhotoLab.
- The Digital PhotoLab will then launch automatically. There you can install your bonus software.
- After exiting the EPSON Digital PhotoLab, you need to select your printer in the Chooser.
- Open the Apple menu and click 'Chooser'.
- If you're connected to the Macintosh printer port or to a PowerBook with one port, turn off AppleTalk.
- Click the SP 1200 icon, then click the icon for the port you're using.
- Turn on background printing, if you wan to use it. Then close the Chooser.