I am getting an IF4 error after installing the USB printer driver. The EPSON USB Printers icon in the Device Manager shows up as a Diamond and I get an error stating that there is a problem with the printer.
What has happened is that for some reason the USB installation has gotten corrupted. To correct the issues try the following:
- Turn printer Off
- Go to Device Manager and Remove the EPSON USB Printer Device (EPUSB1:)
- Go to Printers and remove the SP1200 driver
- Go to Start/Find and type EPUSB and click Find
- The following files should be listed:
- Highlight and delete all 6 files.
- Go back to Start/Find and type EPSON and click Find.
- The files listed should be: EPSONEPIIFE3T.INF (for SP1200)
- Highlight INF file and delete it.
- Restart the Computer
- Once back to the Desktop, Power the printer on and it should Plug and Play USB correctly.