How do I replace an ink cartridge when an ink low or out condition occurs?
Be sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin. Once you start the ink cartridge replacement procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and not printing (the Processing light should be on, but not flashing), then open the printer cover.
2. Press the ink cartridge replacement button.
The print head moves to the center and the Processing light flashes.
3. The color cartridge is on the right and the black is on the left.
Pull up the ink cartridge clamp. The cartridge rises up from its holder.
4. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it carefully.
Warning: Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water.
If ink gets in your eyes, flush them thoroughly with water.
5. Unwrap the new ink cartridge. Then remove only the yellow tape seal on top.
Caution: You must remove the yellow tape from the top of the cartridge or you will permanently damage it.
Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge; you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
6. Tilt the new cartridge toward you slightly as you insert it.
Lower the cartridge so that the tabs rest on the hooks.
Caution: Don't place the cartridge under the hooks, or they may break when you close the cover.
7. Press down firmly on the ink cartridge clamp until it snaps in place.
8. If you need to replace the other ink cartridge, repeat steps 3 through 7 before continuing with step 9.
9. Press the ink cartridge replacement button and close the printer cover. The printer begins charging the ink delivery system. The Processing light flashes, and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about one minute.
10. When it's finished, the Processing light stops flashing and stays on, and the red error light goes out.
Caution: Never turn off the printer while the Processing light is flashing, unless the printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.