- A Microsoft Windows compatible PC with a Pentium or better processor, 200 MHz or faster recommended
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000
- 32MB of RAM (64MB recommended)
- 100MB of free hard disk space (200MB or more recommended)
- VGA, Super VGA, or better display adapter and monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for installing the printer software
- A high-speed, bi-directional, IEEE-1284 compliant parallel cable (6 to 10 feet long); the cable must have a D-SUB, 25-pin, male connector for your computer and a 36-pin, Centronics® compatible connector for the printer
- USB connection: a computer running Windows 98 or Windows 2000 with a Windows 98 or 2000 compliant USB port and a shielded USB "AB" cable up to 6.5 ft (2 meters).
- Caution: Using an improperly shielded USB cable - especially more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long - may cause the printer to malfunction.