How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus Photo 925 CD-ROM in Windows 2000?
Before you start, make sure your printer is set up, connected to your computer, and turned on, as described on the Start Here sheet. Installation takes place in several phases.
Follow these steps to install the printer driver and software:
1. Turn on your computer.
2. Wait for Windows to detect your printer connection and display the Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard screen.
Don't click any buttons on the screen yet.
Note: If this screen doesn't appear, make sure your printer is turned on and connected.
3. Put the EPSON CD-ROM in your CD-ROM or DVD drive and wait a few seconds for the CD-ROM to be recognized.
4. Click Next.
5. Click the Search for option, then click Next.
6. Click CD-ROM drives (only), then click Next.
7. At the next screen, click Next. Installation proceeds automatically.
8. When installation is complete, click Finish. You see another New Hardware Wizard screen.
9. Click Next.
10. Click the 'Search for' option, then click Next.
11. Click CD-ROM drives, then click Next.
12. At the next screen, click Next. Installation proceeds automatically. If you see the 'Digital Software Signature Not Found' screen, click Yes to continue. Otherwise, driver installation will not be complete.
13. At the final Found New Hardware Wizard screen, click Finish. You see a message about installing additional software. Click OK.
14. When you see the license agreement, click Agree, then continue with 'Installing Additional Software for Windows 2000' to finish the installation.
Installing Additional Software for Windows 2000
After you accept the license agreement, you see the software installation screen:
1. Click Continue. Additional software is installed, then you see the EPSON PhotoStarter Setup.
2. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to accept the license agreement and install PhotoStarter.
Do the same thing when you see the EPSON Card Monitor Setup.
3. When setup is complete, select Yes to restart your computer and click Finish.
Leave in the CD-ROM as your computer restarts. You see the Optional Software menu screen.
Note: If you don't see this screen, click the EPSON CD-ROM icon and click the EPSON icon.
4. Click the button for each program you want to install and follow the instructions on the screen.
5. If you see a message about installing QuickTime, click Yes and follow the on-screen instructions. You don't need a registration number.
6. When you're finished installing software, close any open windows and click Exit.
7. When you see the registration screen, register your printer with EPSON as instructed. Remove the CD-ROM and keep it in case you need to reinstall any software later. You're ready to print.