Vertical lines are not aligned or vertical banding appears. How can I correct this?
You can align the print head either from the printer's control panel or using your printer software. To align the print head from the printer software, the printer must be connected directly to your computer (not over a network).
Note: For the best results, load letter-size EPSON Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper in the printer whenever you check the print head alignment.
Follow these steps to align the print head using the control panel:
1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing, and letter-size paper is loaded.
2. Use the Down button to highlight Advanced Settings, then press the Select button.
3. Continue pressing the Down button until Print Head Alignment is highlighted, then press the Select button.
4. Press Custom button 1 to print the alignment pattern.
5. Once the pattern is done printing, examine the first row or set of lines (marked no. 1). Select the line (1-15) in which all the vertical dots are best aligned. You may need to use a magnifying glass.
6. Use the Up and Down buttons to display the number of that line (1-15), then press the Select button.
7. Repeat the selection of the best line for set no. 2, and then for set no. 3.
8. When you're finished, press Custom button 1.
If you have already tried to align the print head and did not have any success, make sure high speed is off in the printer driver settings.
You can clean the print head nozzles. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing, and the maintenance lights are off. Press and hold the maintenance button for three seconds. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds.