What are the system requirements for using this printer on a PC?
- A Microsoft Windows compatible PC with a Pentium or better processor, 233MHz or faster recommended
- Microsoft Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.x or Windows XP (Note: Windows 95 and NT only support the parallel port interface)
- 64MB of RAM (128MB or more recommended)
- At least 100MB of free hard disk space (200MB or more recommended)
- VGA or better display adapter and monitor, SVGA for Windows XP
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for installing the printer software
- A high speed, bi-directional parallel port, 6 - 10 ft. IEEE 1284 compliant parallel cable (not included).
- USB connection: a computer running Windows 98, ME, XP or 2000 with a Windows compliant USB port and a shielded USB "AB" cable up to 6.5 ft (2 meters).
Caution: Using an improperly shielded USB cable - especially more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long - may cause the printer to malfunction.
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page