- A Microsoft Windows compatible PC with a Pentium or better processor, 233MHz or faster recommended
- Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
(Note: Windows 95 supports only the parallel port interface)
- 64MB of RAM (128MB or more recommended)
- At least 100MB of free hard disk space (200MB or more recommended)
- VGA or better display adapter and monitor, SVGA for Windows XP
- CD-ROM or DVD drive for installing the printer software
- One of the following:
For USB connection:
A computer running Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP with a Windows-compliant USB port and a shielded USB "AB" cable up to 6.5 feet (2 meters) long.
Caution: Using an improperly shielded USB cable - especially more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long - may cause the printer to malfunction.
For parallel connection:
A high-speed, bi-directional, IEEE-1284 compliant parallel cable (6 to 10 feet long) with a D-SUB, 21-pin, male connector for your computer and a 36-pin Centronics® compatible connector for the printer.
A high speed, bi-directional parallel port, 6 - 10 ft. IEEE 1284 compliant parallel cable (not included).