How do I install the driver from the EPSON CD-ROM in Windows 98?
Before you start the software installation, make sure your printer is set up, connected to your computer, and turned on. Follow these steps to install the printer driver and software:
1. Turn on your computer. (Make sure your printer is still on.) Wait until you see the Add New Hardware Wizard.
2. Put the EPSON CD-ROM in your drive.
3. After a moment, click Next on the Add New Hardware Wizard screen.
4. Click the Search for option then click next.
5. You see a screen asking where you want Windows to search. Click CD-ROM drive. Then click Next.
6. Click 'Next' on the following screen.
Installation proceeds automatically. When installation halts, click Finish and go to step 7.
7. Your computer detects your printer connection a second time and you see a screen like this:
8. Click Next on each of the four screens that follow (not shown), then click Finish. Installation proceeds automatically.
9. At the final Add New Hardware Wizard screen, click Finish.
Then wait while the files are copied to your computer.
10. You see the license agreement. Read the agreement and click Agree to continue installation.
11. You see the Options Menu. Continue with the instructions below under Finishing Windows Installation to complete your software installation.
Finishing Windows Installation
1. When you see the Options Menu screen, make sure you have paper in the printer, then click Print a Test Page to check that your printer is set up correctly.
2. Optionally, click Install EPSON Software Film Factory and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Click Install Manual and Printer Movies and follow the on-screen directions to install the EPSON Printer Information Center on your desktop.
4. When you're finished, click Exit to close the Options Menu.
5. When you see the EPSON Product Registration screen, register your printer as instructed, then remove your CD-ROM.