How do I install the driver from the EPSON Stylus C40UX CD-ROM in Windows?
Turn off your printer. Then turn on your computer and wait until you see your desktop icons and the cursor is no longer an hourglass style. Your computer may come with the EPSON printer software files already installed on the hard drive.
- Turn on your printer. If you see a screen telling you that Your software is already installed. Click OK. You're ready to start printing!
- You may see a screen informing you that Windows has detected your printer (except on Windows NT). If so, click Cancel. You can't install your printer software that way.
- Insert your printer software CD-ROM in a CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the EPSON CD-ROM or DVD icon.
- Double-click the EPSON icon to start the installer. (Don't select any other icon in the folder.)
- Read the license agreement and click Agree. You see the Main Menu.
- Click Install Printer Driver. You see the printer driver installation screen.
- Make sure your printer model is highlighted, then click OK. The installer copies files to your computer and displays a series of windows on your screen.
- When it's finished, click OK. You see the EPSON Product Registration screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your printer with EPSON.
- At the last installation screen, click OK and close any open windows.
- Restart your computer and you're ready to start printing. Your printer software icons will appear in the EPSON folder, your shortcuts will appear on your desktop and the EPSON Stylus C40UX will be set as your default Windows printer.