|The situation you are encountering happens as a result of an ink cartridge being changed improperly. When you install a new ink cartridge the print head for that cartridge must be locked into the printer. You do not want to take out the print head, and then change the cartridge while the print head is in your hand. If you do the printer will show an error light on the control panel.|
Start with the problem printhead installed into the printer, then follow these steps to clear the flashing error light.
1) Shut printer off.
2) Hold down the Alt and Pause buttons while powering on the printer (continue holding for approx. 5 seconds and release).
3) The Error light should be on solid.
4) Hold down the Load/Eject until the Pause and Economy start to blink.
5) Release Load/Eject then press the Pause button to initialize the printer.
If the issue persists, please try the following to clear the light.
Reseating the Ink Cartridge:
1) Pause the printer
2) Press the Alt button until the print head starts to shift over (then release the Alt)
3) Lift the Gray Clamp that holds the ink cartridge all the way open then clamp it back down
*** MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TAKE INK CARTRIDGE OUT ***
4) Once the clamp is closed, press and release the Alt button to recharge the Ink Delivery system (takes about 2 minutes).
5) You may need to run a few cleaning cycles to help recharge the ink supply.