How do I install the driver from the EPSON EPL-5700i CD-ROM with a Macintosh?
If you have an iMac, you may need to update your Mac OS ROM before installing your printer software.
- If your iMac is running OS 8.1, you must install Apple's iMac Update 1.0.
- If your iMac is running OS 8.5 or 8.5.1, Apple recommends that you install iMac Update 1.1. Download the update for your system from Apple at http://swupdates.info.apple.com. Contact Apple if you have problems installing the update. To find out which operating system your iMac is running, select About This Computer in the Apple menu. Follow these steps to install the printer software on your Macintosh:
1. Make sure your printer and computer are connected and turned off.
2. Turn on your computer and wait until you see the desktop icons. Then turn on your EPSON printer.
3. Insert your printer software CD-ROM. After a moment, the CD-ROM opens on your desktop.
4. Double-click your printer's installer icon.
5. Click Install, then on the next screen click Continue.
6. After installation is complete, click Restart to restart your computer. Note: After installing the printer software, you need to select your printer in the Chooser:
1. Make sure your printer is on.
2. From the Apple menu, select Chooser.
3. Click the EPL-5700i icon and make sure your printer's USB port is selected.
4. Turn on background printing if you want.