How do I install the driver from the EPSON EPL-5700i CD-ROM in Windows 98 with a USB connection? Note: If your computer did not have Windows 98 pre-installed, it is an upgrade from Windows 95 to 98. It may not support USB connections, and may not print. Confirm whether your computer supports USB connectors by calling the manufacturer.
1. Make sure your printer and computer are connected and turned off.
2. Turn on your computer and printer, and wait until you see the Add New Hardware Wizard
3. Insert your printer software CD-ROM and click Next.
4. Select Search for the best driver for your device and click Next.
5. Select Specify a location, then click Browse to locate the Win98 folder on your CD-ROM.
6. Click Next. Windows finds the USB software.
7. Click Next. Windows finishes installing the USB software.
8. At the final screen, click Finish.
9. Click Next to install your printer driver.
10. Select Search for the best driver for your device and click Next.
11. Make sure the Win98 folder is selected under Specify a location. Then click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing your printer software.
12. When installation is complete, remove the CD-ROM from your CD-ROM drive.
13. Restart your system.