How do I reinstall the scanner software on a PC?
For best results, first uninstall the TWAIN driver. In Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows 2000:
1. Double-click the Scanners and Cameras icon in the Windows Control Panel.
2. On the Devices tab, select EPSON Perfection 1240.
3. Click the Remove button. Then click OK to close the window.
4. Run Esuninst.exe from the CD located in x:\TWAIN5\Uninst directory, where X = the CD-ROM drive letter.
5. Restart your computer. To reinstall your TWAIN driver in Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows 2000:
1. Insert your scanner CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive.
2. Click Start and Run. At the prompt, type your CD-ROM drive letter and EPSON (for example: D:\EPSON).
3. On the Main Menu, select Reinstall Scanner Software.
4. On the next screen, click the Reinstall button.
5. At the restart message, click OK.
6. In Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Windows ME, you see the New Hardware Wizard screen when your computer restarts. Follow steps 1 through 10, starting on page 8, to install your scanner software.