What are the minimum system requirements for the Macintosh?
These are the minimum system requirements. For optimum performance, a faster processor and more memory are recommended. Scanning at higher resolutions may create very large files that can exceed system requirements. You cannot use a serial interface to connect the scanner.
- 32MB RAM (64MB recommended)
- 50MB available hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- Mouse or pointing device
- VGA color monitor with 640 x 480 screen resolution (or higher recommended) and 256 colors (32,000 colors or more recommended). Color and tone reproduction are subject to the display capability of your computer system, including the video card, monitor, and software. See the documentation for these products for details.
- EPSON TWAIN supports the Apple ColorSync 2.x color management system and QuickTime. These extensions are automatically installed during EPSON TWAIN installation. USB
- Apple Macintosh computer (G3, or higher, or iMac) running Mac OS 8.5.1, or later. Check the Apple web site for any updates to your operating system.
- Available USB port or self-powered hub connection SCSI
- Power Macintosh with Mac OS 8.0, or later
- SCSI port or SCSI adapter (Adaptec recommended)
- SCSI cable. The length of the SCSI cable must not exceed 9.8 feet (3 meters). If you are connecting multiple SCSI devices, the total length of the SCSI bus (cables) must not exceed 19.7 feet (6 meters); otherwise the system may not work properly.