What are the minimum system requirements when using TWAIN only with a Macintosh?
These are the minimum system requirements. For optimum performance, a faster processor and more memory are recommended.
- USB: Macintosh OS 8.5 or later Check the Apple web site for any operating system updates.
- SCSI: Macintosh OS 8.0 or later ASPI-compliant SCSI 2 interface board Note: Adaptec Power Domain SCSI boards for the Macintosh are not compatible with scanners
- FireWire: Macintosh OS 8.6 with FireWire update 2.1 on newer G3's, G4's and DV-iMac
- Power Macintosh or higher processor
- Macintosh standard (built-in) SCSI or compatible PCI SCSI/SCSI 2 card, or USB interface; for IEEE 1394 FireWire connections, either a built-in IEEE 1394 FireWire port or an IEEE 1394 FireWire PCI card
- 32MB RAM (64MB RAM recommended)
- 50MB available hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- VGA color monitor with 640 x 480 screen resolution (a color monitor with a resolution of 800 x 600 or higher recommended)
- 8-bit 256-color display adapter card (24-bit display adapter card with millions of colors recommended) EPSON TWAIN Pro supports the Apple ColorSync 2.x color management system and QuickTime. These extensions are automatically installed during the EPSON TWAIN Pro installation.
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page