How do I reinstall the scanner software on a PC?
For best results, first uninstall the TWAIN driver.
1. On the Windows 95 or Windows NT Start menu, click Programs, EPSON Scanner, EPSON TWAIN 5 Uninstall.
2. When you're finished, restart your computer. In Windows 98 or Windows 2000.
1. Double-click the Scanners and Cameras icon in the Windows Control Panel.
2. On the Devices tab, select EPSON Perfection 1640.
3. Click the Remove button. Then click OK to close the window.
4. Restart your computer. To reinstall your TWAIN driver in Windows.
1. Insert your scanner CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive.
2. Click Start and Run. At the prompt, type your CD-ROM drive letter and EPSON (for example: D:\EPSON).
3. On the Main Menu, select Reinstall Scanner Software.
4. On the next screen, click the Reinstall button.
5. At the restart message, click OK.
6. In Windows 98 or Windows 2000, you see the New Hardware Wizard screen when your computer restarts. Follow steps 1 through 10, starting on page 8, to install your scanner software. In Windows 95, you see the Update Device Driver Wizard screen when your computer restarts. Follow steps 1 through 7, starting on page 12, to install your scanner software.