How do I install the scanner software in my PC?
You must install your software before connecting the scanner to your computer. Be sure to close all open applications and turn off any virus protection programs.
If you don't already have Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements on your computer, install Photoshop Elements from the CD-ROM included with the scanner. To view the Photoshop user manuals in the English folder on your CD-ROM, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
First you need to install Photoshop Elements, then your scanner software.
1. Insert the Adobe Photoshop Elements CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive. The installer starts automatically.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the installation and accept the software license conditions.
3. When you see the Adobe Photoshop screen, select Adobe Photoshop Elements.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions. When asked for the software serial number, enter the number printed on the sticker attached to the CD-ROM sleeve.
5. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, eject the CD-ROM and repeat steps 1 and 2. Then select Adobe Acrobat Reader to install it.
Next install the scanner software.
1. Insert the scanner software CD-ROM in the CD-ROM or DVD drive. The installer starts automatically. If it doesn't, double-click My Computer [in Windows XP, click Start, then double-click My Computer], double-click the EPSON CD-ROM icon, then double-click the Epson icon.)
2. When you see a message asking you to disable anti-virus software, click 'Continue'.
3. Read the license agreement, then click 'Agree'.
4. At the Software Installation screen, click 'Install'.
5. Follow the on screen instructions to install each application. After each one is installed, click 'Next' to continue. Note that EPSON Smart Panel™ installs in several steps. If you have PDA software on your computer, Presto! PixExpress will be installed. Please wait until the process is complete. If you don't currently have a PDA, Presto! PixExpress can be added at a later time if you get one.
6. When you see a message 'Would you like a link to Epson's Photo Sharing web site to appear on your desktop?' click 'Yes' or 'No'.
7. On the next screen click 'Exit'. The Epson product registration screen appears.
8. Register your scanner as instructed.
9. At the last screen, click 'Done' or close your browser. You'll see a message instructing you to connect the scanner. Make sure the transportation lock is unlocked then connect the AC adapter and USB cable.